A Snapstreak is a feature that keeps users of the ever-popular social media app Snapchat coming back every day. Aimed to provide a sense of accomplishment, losing a Snapstreak can be upsetting as the daily streak is interrupted and also reduces the chances of obtaining certain rewards in the form of emojis for maintaining streaks. The user may not always be at fault as there are times when the app encounters glitches and server issues. That said, in this article, we will show you the step-by-step methods to restore and recover your precious Snapchat Streaks numbers. So without further ado, let’s get started.
What are Snapchat Streaks?
Involving the exchange of photos and short videos called “Snaps”, a Snapstreak is considered the metric equivalent of the number of likes on other platforms such as Facebook and Instagram. Getting started with a streak is simply sending a snap (a photo or video) to a friend or loved one, which also requires them to send a snap back to you within the next 24 hours. A Snapstreak is maintained by sending Snaps with the same person at least once a day, which is indicated by a fire emoji with the serial numbers. Failure to do so will break the streak and all numbers won so far will disappear.
In case the numbers disappeared on their own, here’s how you can restore them:
How to Restore Snapchat Streaks
Restoring streaks on Snapchat requires going through Snapchat’s support page. Here’s how you can do it on the mobile app and through the official website.
Retrieve Snapchat Streaks Using Mobile App
Here’s how to recover the footage using the Snapchat app.
- Open the Snapchat app on your iPhone or Android phone
- Tap your profile/Bitmoji in the top left corner
- Now tap on the “Settings” icon in the upper right corner
- Scroll down and find the option called “I need help” which will be present under “Support”
- On the next screen, tap and select “Snapstreaks”
- Find the question here that says “What if my Snapstreak is gone but I know we sent a Snap (no chat) back and forth within the 24 hour window” and below select the “do it” link we know”
- A set of options will appear. Select the “I lost my Snapstreak” option
- Now you need to fill out a form on this page. Carefully fill in all the details with the correct information so that your request will be fulfilled quickly. The form also asks for the username of the other person you lost the streak with. This means that you will need to complete the form separately for other lost series.
- Once you have entered all the correct details, press ‘SEND’
Recover Snapchat Streaks Using Website
Collect your Snapstreaks using the official Snapchat site. Here’s how.
- Head to the Snapchat website on your phone or PC. Alternatively, you can click this link
- Under the “Popular Topics” heading, select “Snapstreaks”
- Now scroll down and find the question that says “What if my Snapstreak disappeared but I know we sent a Snap (no chat) back and forth in the 24 hour window” and below it select the “let us know” link
- From the options that appear on the next screen, select the option “I lost my Snapstreak”
- Now you need to fill out a form on this page. Carefully enter all the details with the correct information so that your request is fulfilled quickly. The form also asks for the username of the other person you lost the streak with. This means that you will have to fill out the form separately for other lost footage with other users.
- After filling in all the details, press ‘SEND’
Why did you lose your Snapchat streaks?
The only reason for losing a Snapchat streak is when one of the two people involved in a streak doesn’t exchange a snap within 24 hours of sending the previous snap. A sequence can only be maintained when it involves sending and receiving photos or videos. Emojis and text messages do not include Snapchat series.
How to maintain long Snapchat streaks?
In order for your Snapchat streaks to continue for a long time, both users should never miss sending at least one snap to each other daily. Additionally, the streaks are indicated by numbers and some emojis alongside. This number increases with more snaps you send back and forth with the other person and therefore the emoji also changes when you reach certain milestones. For example, streaks between 1 and 100 have a fire emoji (🔥), and beyond that it changes to a “💯” emoji indicating a streak of 100 days. It is a great incentive for Snapchat users to continue their streaks for days and months and it is also a simple means of entertainment.
How long does it take to recover Snapchat streaks?
Once you submit your Snapchat series restore request, the support team will analyze and verify your request and respond to you accordingly within the next few days. If the streaks were lost for a legitimate reason involving app crashes, server errors, or glitches, rejoice because you have a high chance of recovering the lost Snapstreaks.